Delaware Artists Guild Banner

Minutes

Click to return to Home page Click to go to the Meetings page Click to go to the Membership page Click to view Exhibits page Click to view Links page Click to view Contact page

Minutes from the Delaware Artist Guild Meeting, April 23, 2013
President Lindsay Criswell opened the meeting with a welcome to members and an introduction of visitors.  She reminded members that minutes and announcements are posted on the website.  Mike Palmer gave the Treasury report.  We have a balance of $400.40 but will be paying for expenses related to the upcoming show at the Arts Castle.  He will be sending an explanation on the website and newsletter of the process for buying frames as a moneymaker for the guild.

Lynda Elias reported that the Artist’s Show is up at the Art Castle and the reception will be from 2-4 on this coming Sunday, April 29.  It will remain up until May 24.  Lindsay will be there to help organize the reception and needs volunteers to bring snacks.  Set up will be at 1:00.

Lynda has suggested that the YMCA show be changed on Friday, June 8 at 10:00.  Artists can bring in their new pieces sometime the week before and pick up their old pieces.  They will need to attach a typed write-up of their piece and give their information to someone at the desk.  She will be sending out more information on the website and in the newsletter as we get closer to the date.

New Business:  John Quick was to be our speaker this month but had to reschedule due to a honor he is receiving for his work.  He will be presenting at May’s meeting, which is being moved to Monday, June 4th, 2012 because of the Memorial Day holiday.  That meeting will be at 7:30 at the Ceramics Building on Henry St., Delaware.  More information and directions will come closer to the date.

Lindsay asked members to decide if the guild should participate in the Delaware Arts Festival this year.  Since we already have the tent and there is no fee to participate, it was agreed that we should participate.  Mike Palmer will work with Tom Conrad to set up the tent.  A sign-up sheet will be circulated later so members can sign up for times to work. 
Diane Hodges invited members to participate in the Yart Sale on June 9 as well as a free project led by Lynda Elias and Virginia Corwin to create a mosaic panel at the back of the castle.  On May 11 from 6:30 to 8:00 they will be reestablishing two planting of the Delaware Grape that used to grow at the castle.  It will be followed by a wine tasting. 
We are still looking for a President and Vice President for next year so interested members should contact Lindsay for more information.

Since there was no additional business, the meeting was adjourned and Lindsay introduced our speaker, Adam Lefevre who shared his photographic process.

Respectfully submitted,
Virginia Corwin, Secretary